TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - yes - here are my 3 big issues
People Seeking Info

Subject yes - here are my 3 big issues

Posted by ConVerTT on May 29, 2018 at 4:24 AM
  This message has been viewed 238 times.

In Reply To not yet. Did I miss something? I know there is some posted by Mr.Stacy on May 28, 2018 at 05:09 AM

Message 1) smaller turbos like a sport530 will not fit without reclocking the compressor housing and drilling tapping it to relocate the wastegate actuator - this was never disclosed / acknowledged by Ash. Not an issue with MSP

2) the tolerances are large enough to allow for misalignment of the ports, actually restricting flow - not a huge issue but need to be careful. I used a borescope during the install. Not an issue with MSP

3) once the manis are in position, and you bolt up your expansion DPs, you will find that you need a spacer between the DP and the exhaust on one side. ( I actually don’t recall which side off the top of my head but Seb could tell you). If it lines up without a spacer go back to 2 above. Again - never disclosed by Ash, not an issue with MSP

4) the hardware was garbage, and 8 months late. I replaced all of it - oem gaskets and copper self locking nuts. Not a big issue - I expected that from Ash.

There are other minor install issues, like bending the oil tube and trimming the head, that Ash did disclose right up front. I don’t have an issue with any of those things - again it was disclosed up front. I do note that none of them are issues with MSP.

I don’t usually give up on an install, but I did here - I guess there was just a little too much “Surprise Mothafucka!!!” for me. So when I saw the MSP final sale last year I bailed and purchased several sets of MSPs to cover all my future possible projects. (No I can’t spare any :-)

I raised all of these issues directly with Ash and here on the forum. He called me out personally for daring to question his product, but he never really addressed the issues or answered the questions.

You’ve been here forever so you know the players. Consider the following:

1) I haven’t seen credible members like Bernie, Woody et al making positive comments about the Ash manis. (LOL so I made a lot of positive comments actually, before I tried to install them)

2) Last I checked SZ is not selling the Ash manis

3) MSPs are now worth double their previous price

So draw your own conclusions. I hope this helps

width=750>

ConVerTT - 93 Hi Compression TT Convertible (black)
XtraVerTT - 93 Hi Compression TT Convertible (glacier white)
SlickTTop - 96 OBD1 TT Slicktop (black)
Old Yeller - 90 Slicktop NA (PGY)
RedZed - 90 "factory" 2+0 TT
EmoZed - 89 RHD for parts - RIP

And their hot Asian Cousin - 01 Acura NSX NA

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.